EAST TEXAS DRIVING SCHOOL
STUDENT ENROLLMENT CONTRACT
STUDENT ENROLLMENT CONTRACT
The fills required are marked by a asterisk (*). Other fills that do no apply to you, or that you may not be aware of how to complete, please leave blank and the instructor will further assist you. The School Representative will sign and date this form upon submission, so please skip the last two fields.
SEE ATTACHED POLICY BELOW (if you are on a mobile phone) or TO THE RIGHT (if you are on a desktop) BEFORE COMPLETING THIS FORM. If you would like a copy, please ask instructor.
READ ENTIRE CONTRACT BEFORE FILLING OUT THE FORM
By completing this Student Enrollment Contract, you agree to the following.
A full hour of absence is charged to the student when he/she does not attend the full 55 minutes of instruction during a 60-minute period. If a student is absent in excess of 10 classroom hours, the student enrollment will be terminated from the class.
Progress standards must meet the requirements of the current rules adopted by the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR). Mastery is a prerequisite to awarding a grade of 70 or above. Evidence of mastery shall be determined by one or more of the following methods: 1) unit tests; (2) written assignments; (3) skills performance checklist; (4) comprehensive examinations of knowledge end skills.
RULES OF OPERATION OF CONDUCT
A student or prospective student may be dismissed or barred from the school for tardiness; drunkenness or obvious signs of drug use, rude, vulgar or disruptive behavior; smoking or using tobacco products; using a cell phone during class or in the car; or being otherwise inattentive (sleeping, texting, reading, etc.). Students terminated for violating rules of conduct may be readmitted at the discretion of the school director. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED UNLESS APPROVED BY OWNER.
REFUND/TERMINATION/DISCONTINUED COURSE POLICY
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED AT ALL.
Parents, by completing this form you ACKNOWLEDGE:
- You have furnished a copy of the school tuition schedule; cancellation and refund policy; makeup policy and school regulations pertaining to absence, grading policy, progress, and rules of operation and conduct.
- The school maintains a business insurance policy for vehicles with coverage as required by Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 601, and uninsured or under-insured motorist coverage
- The school is prohibited from issuing a DE-964 or ADE-1317 if the student has not met all the requirements for course completion, and the student should not accept a DE-964 or ADE-1317 under such circumstances
- This agreement constitutes the entire contract between the school and the student, and assurances or promises not contained herein shall not bind the school or the student.
- ADULTS/PARENTS if you come in with loud abusive tones you and your child will be dismissed from or program immediately. No refunds will be given!
- I further realize that any grievances not resolved by the school may be forwarded to Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation Attention: Enforcement Division PO Box 12157 Austin, Texas 78711; 800-803-9202 www.tdlr.texas.gov/complaints
By completing this form, you are agreeing to these terms.